(a) N.AG.RE.F.: Researcher in the Institute of Iraklion,
National Agricultural Research Foundation (N.AG.RE.F.),
P.O. Box 2229, 71307 Iraklion, Hellas.
Tel.: +30 2810 302300 or +30 2810 225833or +306974507042
Fax: +30 2810 245873 or +30 2810 245858
(b) EDEYA: Technical Consultant in the Hellenic Union of Municipal Enterprises for Water Supply and Wastewater Services (EDEYA).
15 Patroklou str., 41222 Larissa, Hellas.
(c) FAO: Water Consultant in the FAO of UN.
(d) EUREAU: Past President of EUREAU (European Federation of National Associations of Water and Waste Water Services), Brussels, Belgium and Member of EUREAU II.
(e) IWA: He is IWA Fellow Member, Honorary Member of IWA, and Chair-person of IWA SG on Water and Wastewater in Ancient Civilizations
B.Sc. in Agricultural Sciences, Agricultural Univ. of Athens, Hellas 1962
B.Sc. in Civil Engineering, Univ. of California, Davis, USA 1981
M.Sc. in Soil and Plant Sciences, Univ. of California, Riverside, USA 1974
M.Sc. in Engineering/Water Resources, Univ. of California, Davis, USA 1977
Ph.D. in Soil Physics, Univ. of California, Davis, USA 1981.
Areas of interest:
Water resources; Environmental engineering; Wastewater treatment; Aquatic wastewater management systems; Water and wastewater management for small and decentralized systems; Water and wastewater quality; Treated wastewater renovation and reuse; and Water and wastewater technologies in ancient civilizations.
- Consultant of FAO of UN in various countries of the world during the last 20 years.
- Evaluator of research proposals by EU-DG for Research, the Hellenic General Secretariat for Research and Technology, Arab Water World, and other organizations.
-Editor of Public Health Frontier (PHF) Journal.
-Editor of Water Sciences and Technology (WST); WST, Water Supply; and Public Health Frontier (PHF) Journals.
-Reviewer of several relevant international scientific Journals.
- Chair-person of the Organizing and Scientific committees of several scientific Congress (such as : the NATO Diachronic Climatic Changes Impacts on Water Resources, Iraklion, Greece, 1993, the 2nd and the Regional IWA International Symposia in Iraklion, Greece, 1995 and 2002, respectively and the 1st International Symposium on Water and Wastewater in Ancient Civilizations, Iraklion, Greece, 2006).
- Invited key-note speaker in numerous in various scientific conferences and lecture in various national and international Universities and other Institutions.
- Greek representative for EUREAU (European Federation of National Associations of Water and Waste Water Services), since 1993; and Past President of it. Also, Chair-person of the EUREAU Water Recycling Working Group, since 1998.
- Chair-person of the IWA SG on Water and Wastewater on Ancient Civilizations and member its Management Committee, since 2005.
- Vice-chairman of the IWA SG on Water Recycling and Reuse for the period 1995-1997 and member of its Management Committee.
- IWA Honorary member, a Fellow member of IWA, and an IWA Strategic Council Member since 2010, 2011, and 2013, respectively.
- Honorary member of Hellenic Water Association (HWA),
- Member of 11 Scientific Societies and 3 others.
- During the last ten years 18 research projects (mainly EU projects) of total budget above 1.5 million € have been implemented.
Publications and others:
- Author/co-author of over 390 publications, classified as: Theses 2, Referred Journals 70, Special Issues in Referred Journals 7, Referred Proceedings of Meetings 90, Published Reports, Articles, and Others 85, Abstracts 50, Books and Chapters in Books 62, Studies 8, and Others 22.
- Organized scientific meetings: 15, Invited speeches in more than 100, and Adviser of numerous Ph.D. and M.Sc. students (Ph. D. students 7, MS students 5, and Post Doctoral Fellows 4).